Google+ Fandoms Made Fabulous: The Flowers They Bring // The Things We Did for Love inspired nail art by Becca Google+

Sunday 20 July 2014

The Flowers They Bring // The Things We Did for Love inspired nail art by Becca



Hi everyone! Sorry about the little break - and about posting on someone elses day, sorry Hannah!

This nail art is inspired by the cover of a brilliant book - one with the distinction of being the only book to ever make me cry -  by Natasha Farrant, called The Things We Did for Love. I even nearly cried when I was skim-reading bits for a title for this nail art!



The book is about a fictional French village during the Second World War, and the tragedy that befalls its inhabitants. The heart of the story is the relationship between Arianne and Luc, but it dips into the stories of other people in and around the village.


It takes place during June 1944, so I'm going to use it belatedly for my Summer week post as well!


I painted the rose and branches separately on a de-stickered sticker sheet then covered them generously in clear nail polish to make my own nail decals, then created a sort of gradient effect to emulate the effect of the book cover. I then added the homemade decals to the nails, and added the little yellow hearts. I feel that the hearts definitely pulled it together, before I added them I definitely felt that it was missing that little something.


I used KIKO nail lacquer in 386 for the base, then mixed it with BarryM's nail paint in Matt White for the light part of the gradient and 2true shade 14 for the darker part. The decals were Rimmel London 60 Seconds nail polish in 800 Black Out with my trusty MUA clear polish (not pictured) and the hearts were Essence Colour & Go in 137 Wanna be your Sunshine.

I hope you liked this post! The quote I used is from near the end of the book, I can't tell you the second half of it because it'd kind of be a spoiler! But you'll know it when you get to it, probably.

~Becca :)

It would be great if you could follow us via GFC, Bloglovin', or Facebook - alternatively, go check out my other blog

No comments:

Post a Comment