Google+ Fandoms Made Fabulous: The Paints Don't Matter // Whose Line Is It Anyway inspired nail art by Becca Google+

Saturday 28 June 2014

The Paints Don't Matter // Whose Line Is It Anyway inspired nail art by Becca


Hello again everyone! Becca here!

Now, I realise that Whose Line may not be technically considered to be a fandom, but it's pretty much all I've been watching for the last week since my friend introduced me to it, so... it felt logical somehow. ;P


Now, the process is kind of complicated. I used a white base coat, then much like I did here, I put a splodge of nail polish onto a sticker sheet and diluted it a little with a brush dipped in nail polish remover. I then did the splodges in different colours, but it was too brushy and not splodgey enough. Therefore, I dipped a cotton bud in remover (wipe most of it off, you want it damp enough to make the effect but not too wet or it'll just take off the colour) and dabbed it over each fully coloured nail in turn. Sometimes it took colour off anyway, so I splodged more on and dabbed some more.

From there, the stick figures were simple - splodge and dilute black polish.

I also did the thumbnail as the host and their desk:


I included the desk light in the silhouette, though perhaps I should have left it out in honour of that glorious moment ;)


Base colour was Nail Paint by BarryM in Matt White. Then we have:
  • Yellow - Essence Colour & Go in Wanna Be Your Sunshine
  • Green - NYC In a New York Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish in High Line Green
  • Blue - KIKO Nail Lacquer in 386
  • Red - MUA Nail Polish in Fever Red
  • Black - Rimmel London 60 Seconds in 800 Black Out
I hope you enjoyed this post - and don't blame me for the Whose Line marathon if you end up on one! ;)

~Becca :) 

It would be great if you could follow us via GFC, Bloglovin', or Facebook - alternatively, go check out my other blog

No comments:

Post a Comment